Who We Are
Project Enlightenment is an early childhood education and intervention program of the Wake County Public School System, serving teachers and parents of young children, ages birth through kindergarten.
TALKline is back!
- Like us on Facebook Project Enlightenment - Raleigh, NC - Education | Facebook
Check out our library catalog of resources that you can borrow from our Parent Teacher Resource Center. Go to destiny.wcpss.net where you will choose Project Enlightenment to begin.
- North Carolina law requires that a kindergarten health assessment be completed on or before the first day of school before a child can enter kindergarten. More »
- Concerned about your child's physical or mental development? Learn more about Developmental screening »
- It is never too early to start reading with your child. Even young infants can benefit from exposure to books and reading. More»
Anyone who has a question or concern about a child birth through kindergarten age can call: 919-856-7808, Hours: Tuesdays 9:30-11:00 AM, Wednesdays 1-2:30 PM,
Thursdays 1-2:30 PM. This service has been restored through funding from the Project Enlightenment Foundation.
Upcoming for Parents
Project Enlightenment offers workshops for parents of young children birth through kindergarten age. Topics include discipline techniques, communication, child development and more. We will publish a listing of our workshops for the 15-16 year in August. Enjoy your summer break.
Upcoming for Educators
Summer Institute Coming Soon!
Registration begins July 6th
- •FLIP-IT!® Transforming Challenging Behavior 8/18 9:00-3:00 (2hr lunch break)
- •ADHD in Early Childhood 8/19 9-11AM
- •Outdoor Play & Indoor Exercise 8/19 1-3PM
- •Understanding & Meeting Children Where They Are 8/20 9-11AM
- •Supporting English Language Learners 8/20 1-3PM
All teacher workshops for the 2014-15 school year are finished. We will be offering an exciting lineup of workshops beginning in August. Watch for registration opportunities for our Summer Institute in July. Enjoy your summer break.