Who We Are
Project Enlightenment is an early childhood education and intervention program of the Wake County Public School System, serving teachers and parents of young children, ages birth through kindergarten.
- TALKline is back! we have resumed taking calls during specific hours from anyone who has a question or concern about a child birth through kindergarten age. Phone number: 919-856-7808, Hours: Tuesdays 9:30-11:00 AM, Wednesdays 1-2:30 PM, Thursdays 1-2:30 PM. Give us a call! This service has been restored through funding from the Project Enlightenment Foundation.
- Like us on Facebook Project Enlightenment - Raleigh, NC - Education | Facebook
Check out our library catalog of resources that you can borrow from our Parent Teacher Resource Center. Go to destiny.wcpss.net where you will choose Project Enlightenment to begin.
- North Carolina law requires that a kindergarten health assessment be completed on or before the first day of school before a child can enter kindergarten. More »
- Concerned about your child's physical or mental development? Learn more about Developmental screening »
- It is never too early to start reading with your child. Even young infants can benefit from exposure to books and reading. More »
Upcoming for Parents
Welcome to a new year of classes. We hope to see you at one of them. Please read the Registration Procedures Section under Parent Resources for information. You can download a brochure here: PrE Parent Workshops 2013-14
- Tue Jan 07
PPB1303 – Positive Discipline: Firmness and Limit Setting
- Tue Feb 04
PPB1301 – Managing Meltdowns
- Tue Mar 04
PPB1311 – Toddler Issues
- Wed Mar 05
PPB1304 – Positive Discipline: Firmness and Limit Setting
- Thu Apr 10
PPB1307 – Fostering Self-Confidence and Connectedness in Our Children
Upcoming for Educators
Welcome to a new school year of Teacher Workshops at Project Enlightenment. Please be sure to read the Registration Procedures section under Educator Resources before registering for a class. Download a brochure here. You can also download a separate registration form for your convenience: PrE Teacher Workshops 13-14, TWB 2013-2014 Complete Registration Pages.
- Tue Jan 07
TPB1357 – Enjoy Baby Doll Circle Time: The Ultimate in Appropriate Group Time for Our Youngest
- Wed Jan 08
TPB1300 – Early Childhood Directors' Forum
- Thu Jan 09
TPB1358 – Toddler Talk: How Toddlers Acquire Language Skills
- Mon Jan 13
TOB1359 – Weather
- Wed Jan 15
CLOSED — TDB1308 – A Guided Observation of the Family Literacy Classroom (FLC)