Who We Are
Project Enlightenment is an early childhood education and intervention program of the Wake County Public School System, serving teachers and parents of young children, ages birth through kindergarten.
- Celebrate 45 Years of Project Enlightenment with Project Palooza!
• Saturday, Sept. 13, 2014
• 10am - 1pm, Rain or Shine
• Fun for the whole family More »
- TALKline is back! Anyone who has a question or concern about a child birth through kindergarten age can call: 919-856-7808, Hours: Tuesdays 9:30-11:00 AM, Wednesdays 1-2:30 PM,
Thursdays 1-2:30 PM. This service has been restored through funding from the Project Enlightenment Foundation.
- Like us on Facebook Project Enlightenment - Raleigh, NC - Education | Facebook
Check out our library catalog of resources that you can borrow from our Parent Teacher Resource Center. Go to destiny.wcpss.net where you will choose Project Enlightenment to begin.
- North Carolina law requires that a kindergarten health assessment be completed on or before the first day of school before a child can enter kindergarten. More »
- Concerned about your child's physical or mental development? Learn more about Developmental screening »
- It is never too early to start reading with your child. Even young infants can benefit from exposure to books and reading. More
Upcoming for Parents
Project Enlightenment offers workshops to parents with young children birth through kindergarten age. Topics include discipline techniques, communication, school readiness, child development and more. For a full listing of our workshops, select one of the following:
- Tue Sep 30
PPB1500 – Toddlers: Understanding What Makes them Tick
- Thu Oct 09
PPB1501 – Positive Discipline in Spanish (Disciplina Positiva en Enspañol)
- Tue Oct 14
PPB1502 – Positive Discipline: Firmness and Limit Setting (3 Sessions)
- Wed Oct 15
PPB1503 – Managing Meltdowns
- Thu Nov 13
PPB1504 – Using the Discipline Techniques of Noticing and Assertiveness to Improve Behavior
Upcoming for Educators
Directors: Group Registration is now available. Contact Teresa Veno for details 919-508-0811.
Project Enlightenment offers accredited teacher workshops throughout the 2014-2015 school year. These workshops are designed for early childhood teachers who work with young children birth through kindergarten age. For a full listing of our workshops, select one of the following:
- Tue Sep 09
TPB1533 – Aligning Pre-K Education with the NC's Kindergarten Entry Assessment
- Tue Sep 09
TPB1534 – Conscious Discipline® Introduction
- Thu Sep 11
TPB1535 – Family Involvement – Exploring Effective Ways to Engage Families
- Tue Sep 23
TPB1537 – Enjoy Baby Doll Circle Time™: The Ultimate in Appropriate Group Time for Our Youngest
- Tue Sep 23
TPB1536 – Incorporating Literacy Instructional Strategies into the PreK Day